We always enjoy a bit of trivia, we thought you might as well.
- 15% of all consumers receiving at least a catalog and 12% receiving at least a letter, postcard and/or flyer from a company made a purchase on a company’s website.
- According to a survey of 6,400 online shoppers conducted by ComScore, households receiving print catalogs shop online more often and spend more meaningful time at retail websites. The results held regardless of age, income, region or education for the survey respondent.
- The DMA 2010 Statistical Fact Book noted that direct mail represents 52% of total mail volume in the United States.
- Direct mail expenditures in the United States are expected to rise nearly $48 billion – a 5.8% increase over 2010 notes the Winterberry Group.
- Winterberry Group also reported that businesses in the U.S. spent $45.2 billion on direct mail advertising in 2010, marking a 3.1% increase from 2009 levels.
It’s obvious that the outlook for direct mail is positive and that it continues to be a reliable and profitable marketing channel!
However, it is only one of the tools in the marketing tool bag.
From a 2011 Deliver Magazine,